A few Basic Internet Browser Navigation Shortcuts…
There are numerous shortcut keys that can be used with your favorite Internet browser. The list below contains some of the more useful.
- Pressing the Alt + D keys will move the cursor into the address bar.
- Press the Ctrl key and press the + or – key to increase or decrease the size of text on the screen.
- Pressing the Ctrl + 0 key will reset the size of the text being displayed back to 100%.
- Press the Alt key + left arrow key sequence to go to the previous page.
- Pressing F5 to refresh or reload a web page.
- Press F11 to display the Internet browser full screen. This will temporary hide the menu bar etc. This is a toggle so Press F11 again to return to a normal windowed view.
- Press Ctrl + F should open the find box to search for text within the web page you are reading.
Quick WebPage Navigation Tips…
When filling out an online form or other other text field on that web page, you can quickly move between the fields by pressing the Tab key to move to the next, or Shift + Tab to move to the previous field.
You will find that this also applies to the select buttons. You can press the space bar or enter to select and “press” the button.
If you are navigating through a drop-down box that lists several options, you can press the first letter in the selection list to select items that begin with that letter.
Hopefully this will make moving around in your favorite browser a little easier…