Quickly grab a screen shot or just capture a portion of the screen…. It’s easy!
An often over looked tool hides quietly in the accessories folder… the Snipping Tool.
You can capture any of the following types of snips:
Free-form Snip. Draw a free-form shape around an object.
Rectangular Snip. Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.
Window Snip. Select a window, such as a browser window or dialog box, that you want to capture.
Full-screen Snip. Capture the entire screen.
After you capture a snip, it’s automatically copied to the Clipboard and the mark-up window. From the mark-up window, you can annotate, save, or share the snip. You are presented with several menu options, File Edit Tools Help. These options are also created as icons just below the menu.
Your File options are:
- New Snip (Capture a different area)
- Save As… (You can select from numerous file types, just select the location)
- Send To (You can email as an attachment or as an embedded image)
Your Edit option is:
- Copy (of course Cntl – C)
Your Tool Options are:
- Eraser (works on the pen or highlighter)
Options – Check these out!
And of Course Help
I use this tool so often I have it docked as a favorite!