If You Need a Media Converter – You Should GiveHandbreak A Try!
If you Need a Media Converter, you should try Handbrake. You will find a version for Windows, Mac, Ubuntu and more on their Download Page. Here are some of the features you will find in this great “no-cost” “open- source” software.
Built-in Device Presets:
With the built-in presets you can get started in just seconds by choosing a profile optimized for your device. You can also choose a universal profile for standard or high-quality conversions. For advanced users, there are other choices and the options to adjust the options to improve the result.
Supported Input Sources:
Handbrake can process almost all multimedia files including DVD and BluRay sources that do not contain copy protection.
DVD Copy Protection
AnyDVD HD will bypass the copy protection on DVD’s. Use this only on DVD’s you own and you are good to go.
File Format Output Options:
- .MP4(.M4V) and .MKV
- Video Encoders: H.264(x264 and QuickSync), H.265 MPEG-4 and MPEG-2, VP8 and Theora
- Audio Encoders: AAC / HE-AAC, MP3, Flac, AC3, or Vorbis
- Audio Pass-thru: AC-3, DTS, DTS-HD, AAC and MP3 tracks
- Title / chapter and range selection
- Queue up multiple encodes
- Chapter Markers
- Subtitles (VobSub, Closed Captions CEA-608, SSA, SRT)
- Constant Quality or Average Bitrate Video Encoding
- Support for VFR, CFR and VFR
- Video Filters: Deinterlacing, Decomb, Denoise, Detelecine, Deblock, Grayscale, Cropping and scaling
Live Video Preview
New features include:
- Removal of FDK AAC from our binary releases. –enable-fdk is required for “non-free” builds if compiling from source.
- Updated x265 to 1.9 which brings bug fixes and performance improvements.
- Few minor bug fixes since the 0.10.3 release. This includes improvements in large AVI file handling.
If you have used Handbrake before you will notice some improvements to the graphical interface. You will be able to access most of the settings from the GUI. This will make it even easier and faster to achieve the desired results!